From: <A title=chrischeatham@xxxxxxxxx
href="mailto:chrischeatham@xxxxxxxxx";>Chris Cheatham
<BLOCKQUOTE
  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>RealTraders
  Sent: Sunday, August 19, 2001 3:16
  PM
  Subject: [RT] PCs -- IBM > Dell >
  Ebay?

  Last week I decided to upgrade my last remaining 17" monitor to
  a 21.  Not that there was anything wrong with the 1993 vintage model,
  just my 41 yo eyeballs are telling me that I either have to sit up in my chair
  to read emails, or change something.  So after most computer
  products I've bought in the last 10 years depreciating by half in the first
  3-6 months, I looked at ebay.  A couple hours and $279 later, I was the
  proud owner of a last year's model Dell/Trinitron off lease and factory
  refurbished with a nice long warranty. Didn't check Dell's price,
  but I would guess easily twice what I paid.  From the quantity of
  offerings, I am not the only one.

  Makes me think of the time ( early 90s was it?) when the world all
  of a sudden realized that IBM computers were know better than any
  others.  Today I'm sure it can be said that there are some people
  that will only buy Dell, Gateway or whatever.  Maybe some of the same
  people who back then said they'd never buy anything but IBM.

  There's no doubt that some will always want the latest and
  greatest.  Love those new Sony 24s that go for $2,000.  But lets
  see, I could buy 7 21s for the price of one 24.  No thanks.

  ChrisTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor