From: "Earl Adamy" <<A
href="mailto:eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx";><FONT face=Arial
size=2>eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Realtraders" <<A
href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT face=Arial
size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Arial
size=2>>
Sent: Thursday, August 16, 2001 5:13
AM
Subject: Re: [RT] inflation
> Certainly a declining dollar will
result in imported inflation when world> economies pick up. In the
meantime, falling demand for commodities and goods> should continue to
exert downward pressure on all prices except for services> and
healthcare. Even Asian and South American factories will cut costs as>
demand decreases and OPEC can reach a point of pain where volume * price
=> lower revenue than government requires leading to price
reductions.> Increasing unemployment will probably curtail services
pricing, however I> see nothing which will curtail healthcare
costs.> > In the meantime, it is certainly worth keeping an eye on
the currency> markets for long term investment considerations in
protecting the purchasing> power of assets denominated in US$.>
> Earl> > ----- Original Message -----> From: "Ira
Tunik" <<FONT face=Arial
size=2>irat@xxxxxxxxx>> To:
"realtraders" <<FONT
face=Arial size=2>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx<FONT face=Arial
size=2>>> Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 9:32 AM> Subject:
[RT] inflation> > > > Has anyone been following the
currencies?  I just took a look for the> > first time in months
and have to ask the question, has the dollar> > finally topped?
If so, major inflationary pressure will be put on the> > billions of
dollars of imports the US takes in every month.  If this is> >
the case we could be looking at higher, rather then lower interest> >
rates.  Last in, first out book keeping and higher prices for most>
> things that are in the stores.  Look at the labels in your cloths,
the> > electronics you purchase, etc. and realize even at Nike's wages
in> > Malaysia our prices will rise.  I believe it is time to
keep a close eye> > on the currency markets.  If it is the top of
the dollar, can a replay> > of 1972-74 be far behind.   Oil
has been at those levels for a while> > now.  Just some thoughts
for the day.  Ira.> >> >> > To unsubscribe
from this group, send an email to:> > <A
href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT face=Arial
size=2>> >> >> >> > Your use of Yahoo!
Groups is subject to <FONT
face=Arial size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/<FONT
face=Arial size=2>> >> >> >> > >
> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:> <A
href="mailto:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";><FONT face=Arial
size=2>> >  > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is
subject to <FONT face=Arial
size=2>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor