  To: <A title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

  Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 21:23
  Subject: Re: [RT] Re: Markets
  Talking about yield.  Has anyone looked at MCIT, the
  tracking stock for WCOM.It is trading at about $12.00 and pays a $2.40
  dividend.  That looks like 20% tome.  From what I understand and
  have read, the dividend is secure.  If anyonehas some input, I would
  be interested.  Ira.Earl Adamy wrote:> Yes, MSFT
  looking a bit blue in the gills. Also have a look at MER ... in> fact
  the whole broker dealer index looks a bit soggy.>> Utilities are
  an interesting one because the utilities are supposed to lead> the
  bonds and the utilities are still headed down. BUT ... the DJUA PE
  ratio> is 49.49 (not a typo 49.49), earnings yield is 2.02% and the
  dividend yield> is 3.63%. Earnings 7.00 and dividends 12.57 ... could
  it be that a machete> is about to be taken to the
  dividends?>> Or how about the Transports waiting to suck up all
  those big profits from a> booming economy ... PE an astounding 367.24
  (and you thought the NASDAQ was> overvalued), earnings at 7.79 and
  dividends at 38.05 ... they've got to be> borrowing a ton to make the
  payout.>> You got a quick interpretation of those TBill charts?
  I wonder how many> people know that there was a post-crash time when
  people actually paid the> government to take their money and keep it
  safe. Same thing happened more> recently in Japan.>>
  Earl>> ----- Original Message -----> From:
  <chrischeatham@xxxxxxxxx>> To:
  <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> Sent: Sunday, August 12, 2001 5:20
  PM> Subject: [RT] Re: Markets>> > Earl,>
  >> > I've had my eye on that one too.  Also MSFT and IBM
  give me the same> > vibes.  How bad does the Dow get if the
  three of them get walloped -> > down by half or more -- all at
  once???> >> > Also, look at a long term Dow Util chart
  --  looks like it finished 5> > of 5 of 5, etc.>
  >> > As to coupon clipping...I'll forward a tbill chart I sent to
  Tim's> > list earlier.> >> > Chris>
  >> > --- In realtraders@xxxx, "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxx>
  wrote:> > > Do I spy the great mother ship (and biggest of the
  big cap stocks)> > heading> > > for a hard
  landing???????? Are there problems lurking in GE> > Finance?????
  The> > > weekly chart of GE suggests that the answer is yes. No
  wonder the> > guys on> > > CNBC are working overtime to
  talk up the market, their options must> > be> > >
  pretty deep in do do.> > >> > > Overall, my market
  horizon these days is a few hours. The basic> > technical>
  > > work I do with counts, regression channels, and symmetry is
  all> > surrounded> > > by mysticism. The market does
  not feel healthy and I suspect that> > if it does> > >
  manage to break above its range, it will get a sharp burst upward> >
  followed> > > by an unbelievable hammering. More likely I think,
  is an event or> > news which> > > drives it downward
  out of this range.> > >> > > Perhaps most striking
  to me is the utter complacency and lack of> > fear which>
  > > exists among market participants ... if only one has faith
  and> > patience,> > > Uncle Al will have everything
  fixed up and the good times will roll> > on for> > >
  another decade. I don't think it's gonna happen folks which is why>
  > (aside> > > from trading) I'm very content clipping coupons
  and thinking there> > might> > > just be a bonanza in
  gains if Goldilocks gets a real haircut.> > >> > >
  send an email to:> > realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  subject to <A
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>
  href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/";>http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/To