Re: [RT] real time trading with limited stakes

On Fri, 10 August 2001, "Roger L. Shepherd" wrote:

> This in the old days was called a bucket shop
> Roger

This is the one thing that gave me pause about using this "tool".  It's not what I would call a "real" market...  However, and I may well be mistaken about this, bucket shops weren't regulated in the old days, were they?  Or not very well?  Is a bucket shop a bucket shop if it is regulated by the gov't? <g>

I also note that Jesse Livermore certainly made good use of bucket shops as "tools" to get him back on his feet for real trading.

By the way, could someone enlighten me as to the origin of the term "bucket shop"???

Steve