  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, July 02, 2001 10:04
AM
  Subject: Re: [RT] Trend

  For trends I find that a modification of
  the Omega Linear Regression Line
  indicator to be useful.

  My modification is attached and the
  inputs are:

  inputs:   Length(
  30),      { Number bars to compute LinearRegression
  fit    }  EndDate(  0),     {
  YYYMMDD - End date to anchor LR fit
  }
  { If set to zero, will use last bar on chart
  }
  { In realtime this will move as data arrives
  }  EndTime(  0),     { hhmm - End time to
  anchor LR fit  0=ignore time}  Color(tool_blue), { Color for LR
  line plots      }  ExtRight(  True), {
  Set true to extend lines to right of end date/t}  ChanWide(
  1),    { Multiplier for StdDev compute of length  }
    SIZE(1);          {
  Size of lines to plot -- 0=smallest
  }

  Typically (for daily bars) I use a length
  of 30 and let the indicator
  FLOAT (follow the last bar--no end date
  set) until I think we have a
  good trend because of the way the
  trendlines behave.  I normally set
  the channel width to one (1) 'cause I
  want to see some prices kick out
  over the line as an early
  warning.

  Once a trend seems to be in place then I
  freeze the channel by adding
  another indicator with a FIXED DATE (end
  date set to when I thought
  trend was in place).  Fixed are red
  lines on Junk1.gif.

  ALWAYS USE SAME LENGTH FOR FLOATING AND
  FIXED CHANNEL.  See  Junk1.gif

  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  - - - - - - -Clyde
  Lee
  Chairman/CEO          (Home of
  SwingMachine)SYTECH
  Corporation          email: <A