Re: [RT] GEN - market timing

Don, here is an expanded view of the chart showing the detail of Thursday
and Friday.  The data window is for 6/14 and shows the SuperT oscillator
at -99.61.  Then intraday Friday it plunged below the Correction level and
reversed to close at -20.58.  The code comes from William Mason's concepts
in TASC Jan 1989, April 1989, September 1989. It is what Ben has tried to
explain in the past.  Ben is said to have been involved in the creation of
the cumulative value of the oscillator.

In the Jan 1989 issue the Technical index is defined as:
"The Technical Index is created by taking the net difference of the advances
and declines, up and down volume, and new highs and new lows;  expressing
them as a percentage of their respective base, algebraically combining them
to get a daily net number and accumulating this algebraic net......Technical
Index = Previous day's value + Today's Sum."

I made it into two indicators.  One is the oscillator(what I call the
SuperT) made from each day's value and the other is the Technical Index
which is the cumulative value.
Oscillator = AD%+Vol%+HL%=100*((adv - decl)/Total issues + (uvol-dvol)/tvol
+ (newhighs-newlows)/total issues
Technical Index = Cum(oscillator).

bobr
http://www.oextrader.com/sigma_trader