Re: [RT] Gaps! How do you deal with them?

A couple of thoughts from one who also finds gaps difficult to trade. If
there is strong resistance above a gap down then sell the retracement to the
high of the first 5 minute bar with a stop above previous day close - see
spoo chart I posted yesterday for good example of resistance above the gap -
this was a very good short trade yesterday. If there is strong support below
a gap than stand aside e.g. this morning I had confluence of support in
1255-53 areas so I did not sell the gap. The proper trade was to have sold
confluence of resistance in 1264 area yesterday with a 3-5 handle stop and
carry overnight ... as I indicated yesterday, I was leery of that trade and
did not take it ... once I've failed to enter a trade where I should, I will
not chase the trade. There was a tradable setup on 5 min chart by entering
short on the break of the first half hour low (125225) with a stop at the
half hour highs (125550) ... advantage here is entry under the confluence of
support.

Earl