Re: [RT] WHY...Trading Profession?

People love to gamble.  Trading is, by any definition, gambling, since
regardless of how many charts you make or programs you use or programs you
operate, the fundamentals can bite you or favor you at any moment.  Of
course, any business is a gamble but trading does not require one to travel
or call on customers or satisfy clients... you press a few buttons and
collect the money!

I've been trading stocks for 33 years now and other than basic historical
charts, I use no technical methods.  I'm a pure fundamentalist and I
believe that the only way to trade is with those fundamentals of momentum,
sentiment and sector demand.   I have always done well at trading equities
but the one time I tried to trade futures, I got hammered.  I soon realized
that the fundamentals on the floor of the exchange are a far cry from the
fundamentals I was using. With equities, fundamentals work for me though..
and even as I say I don't use technical analysis, I respect those who do
and maybe that's the key to this list .. respect, consideration and
fellowship for fellow traders.

An old trader...

Bob