Re: Re[2]: [RT] Re: An untimely death

From: "ztrader" <ztrader@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, May 02, 2001 4:42 PM
Subject: Re[2]: [RT] Re: An untimely death

> On Tuesday, May 01, 2001, 6:24:22 PM, Tom Alexander wrote:
>
> TA> If someone has fantastic results and they attribute it to
> TA> astrology, how does one differientiate between the skill of
> TA> trading and the intrinsic value of the approach?
>
> One possibility is to code up just the astrology part and see how it
> does, either as a trade simulation or a correlation with, say, pivots.
>
> I would assume that if each Turtle ran the exact same system on the
> exact same data, that they would get exactly the same results. I would
> agree that they might be different in real trading.
>
> That's why I was looking for a 'system', and why I think one does not
> get the same information from comparison of trading accounts, which
> is, as you suggest, usless for assesing the technique.  :-)
>
> ztrader,

    I think what you are seeking is just around the corner. There is a new
program coming out which
is Astro based, has AI, neural net, and will test for any Astro to market
correlation you want.
If you want to investigate, go to www.alphee.com and look  for the THE
EXPERT program which is currently in the beta test stage and will become
available in June. I saw this program demostrated last week and it is
phenomenal.  It will tell you exactly where to buy or sell whatever market
you want.  Alphee claims it is Astro idiot friendly (my description, not
his). I still contend one could get much more out of this type programs with
a knowledge in the basics of Astrology, but I did see how it could be used
with very little Astro knowledge.

  Disclosure: I am recommending you take a look at this program because it
is very impressive.
You should know that Alphee, president of A.I.R. software, who is the
developer and publisher of this software, is a friend of mine. I have a
loose business relationship with this program. (I get a referral fee and
then pass some goodies on to the client). However, I don't recommend
anything I don't like and I wouldn't post this if I didn't think it wasn't
worth a look. I often talk people out of buying books I have on my booklist
because I don't think they are right for the person or they aren't as good
as what the client thinks they are. I drive my friends and family crazy
because I take the resturant recommendations I give out too seriously. So, I
hope I am not breaking any  rules here by recommending this because I think
it is excellent.. But, if you are interested in testing Astro vs. the market
this is a great program and deserves a look. If you talk to Alphee, be sure
to tell him I sent you. Then, drop me a private note if you want to go
further.

Cheers,

Norman