Re: [RT] GEN: Virus alert/worst ever according to CNN

http://www.vmyths.com/hoax.cfm?id=222&page=3
A Virtual Card for You virus

A typical variation of the original Good Times hoax virus alert

(see related link). It claims your computer will suffer a horrible

death if you read "a virtual card for you" with your eyeballs.

Fact: you just read "a virtual card for you" with your eyeballs, but your

computer didn't self-destruct. Need we say more?

One variant of this hoax claims "Microsoft and McAfee" announced the

alert, and it's "THE MOST DESTRUCTIVE OF ALL TIMES!!!!", and

"THERE IS STILL NOT DEVELOPED A VACCINE!!!!" Naturally, it urges

you to "PLEASE, DISTRIBUTE TO THE LARGEST NUMBER OF

PEOPLE!!!!"

--11/13/00

Related Links

Symantec debunks A Virtual Card for You hoax virus alert
charles meyer wrote:
Hope I'm not spreading a malicious rumor?
Chas