Re: [RT] Another Panic Cut Sets Stage for Rate Hikes Next Year

could it be that a lot of their earnings came from their stock portfios
and when they went into the sewer so did their earnings.  Ira
BobsKC wrote:
Still, examine why earnings fell.  Could it
be the stock prices fell and
borrowing power went out the window?  Could it be that large firms
slowed
buying from mid size firms who slowed buying from small firms who showed
buying from micro cap firms?  Net result is a down market falling
further
due to poor earnings from all size businesses and all the bad news
due to
stocks selling off.  Of course, I'm not talking about the maze
of dot.coms
thrown together so a couple of techie types and their attorney could
rip
off a few mil while the craze was on.  They're going away as they
should
and as they were intended to do by the organizers.   I still
say the tail
is wagging the dog.
Bob
At 12:55 AM 4/23/2001 -0400, you wrote:
>When the Fed cuts rates it gives an enormous sugar rush to the markets,
>but fails to address the real problem which is corporate earnings.
The
>Fed only tweaks short-term interest rates which effect borrowing.
Cheaper
>money isn't going to dig the "dot bombs" or failing telecoms out of
their
>pit, so don't expect any long-term effect in stock prices.
>
>-- John
>
>--

>John T. Nelson
|  John's Trading Journal