Re: [RT] E-Mail problems with RT posts

Sometimes it's better to switch than fight.  There are alot of good
email clients that do a far better job than either MS OE or NS
Messenger.

I have actually renamed EditPad to "notepad.exe".  Now, whenever a
file needs to be opened in MS Notepad, it actually gets opened in
Editpad.

The Bat (I like this one - also recommended by ztrader)
http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/index.html

Pegasus Mail
http://www.pmail.com/

Calypso Email
http://www.calypsoemail.com/

EditPad (classic version - I recommend it)
http://www.editpadclassic.com/editpadclassic.html

TextPad (recommended by Clyde Lee)
http://www.textpad.com/

NoteTab (another good one)
http://www.notetab.com/

Bob Perry
San Jose, CA

--- In realtraders@xxxx, ztrader <ztrader@xxxx> wrote:
> To reduce bandwidth a bit, I'll reply to a few messages here.
>
> On Sunday, April 22, 2001, 7:01:58 AM, Clyde Lee wrote:
>
> CL> copy the data to a good text editor program and made what
changes
> CL> are required (insert spaces, etc) to format the table as
straight
> CL> text. However, since formatting data in PLAIN TEXT format does
not
> CL> use a fixed width format it is often difficult.
>
> Choose a fixed-width font(Courier, or something a bit nicer-looking)
> as the text-only default, and tables will come out looking good -
just
> as they did back in the typewriter days. :-) Also, everyone getting
> them will see them OK as well if they also use a fixed-width default
> text.
>
> On Sunday, April 22, 2001, 6:52:24 AM, Earl Adamy wrote:
>
> EA> I am tired of being tracked by advertisers everywhere I turn.
>
> Me too! This is becoming as annoying a problem as virii, especially
> with the rapidly-increasing trend to call-home trojans.
>
> EA> all of the nonsense about Outlook Express being virus prone.
>
> I'd have to disagree here. OE has become the primary way of
spreading
> malware. New exploits are discovered on an appallingly regular
basis,
> and there is always a window of danger until M$ issues a patch -
> assuming they do have a fix.
>
> EA> I take a dim view of so called anti-virus software
>
> It can be useful to find that occasional well-hidden virus/trojan
that
> comes with some clever disguise. I also make a point of not
archiving
> anything that contains malware. A virus checker, run once in a
while,
> keeps everything clean, even the archives.
>
> EA> I will mention again ... it is either lack of knowledge or lack
of
> EA> care which causes machines running OE to become infected, not OE
> EA> itself.
>
> I would agree at least 200%. :-) The guidelines you presented are
> probably the most important things one can do.
>
> Another idea is to avoid M$ products. I do not use them for mail,
> news, or browsing. TheBat, Agent, and Opera fill the bill quite
well.
> True, this alternative costs a few $$, but the added security and
> privacy are WELL worth the small price, IMHO.
>
> I have found that there is no real downside to this. The
alternatives
> are as good or better, and for my uses, are more powerful than the
M$