Re: [RT] E-Mail problems with RT posts

I totally agree with Earl on all four points.

Additionally, I have used a bogus email account on Yahoo for several
years and that has lessened my worries about getting on "spam
lists" (Yahoo bought out RocketMail a while back) .  Although I've
never had a problem with the Omega-List (and because I get it in
digest form at my normal email address) as far as privacy tracking and
advertising  "popping" up, I just don't trust these public forums no
matter what the small print says.  Additionally, you always hear about
hackers getting in an finding CC numbers and personal info (call me
paranoid).  It also makes it easier to not have to think twice when
some website requires personal information and an email address.

I have also "adjusted" my HOST file to avoid contacting any of these
advertising sites, so when I do open an HTML message and it wants to
contact home, it goes into the black hole.  This is a double edged
sword, in that, sometimes not all the graphics appear on some webpages
that keep their images located on the advertiser's server.  There are
some great software programs that manage viruses, trojans, spyware,
cookies, pop up windows and ad-tracking, but I just don't have the
system resources to have them running.  Like Earl, I've never had a
problem.

for more info on privacy and security:

http://grc.com/cb-faq.htm#otherprod

Bob Perry ( bp1 at Rocketmail.com )
San Jose, CA

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxx> wrote:
> I've been side lined for a week now by an email server failure at my
ISP but