RE: [RT] E-Mail problems with RT posts

ztrader wrote: "Also, Norman, and others - your mail comes with rather
obnoxious ADS and other pix. One looks a bit like it might be a web bug
(very
small), but I did not check that out to make sure. Courtesy of M$,
tracking of people has been rapidly expanding to email as well as
surfing. :-(("

This problem is beginning to get some visibility on other yahoogroups
lists. One problem is that when you reply in HTML-mode (Check the Format
tab in Outlook), then Yahoo! adds its ad in HTML, and possibly/probably
adds some sort of ad tracking "bug". The fix is to try and stay with
Text (Format:Plain Text) replies, and note that when you reply to an
HTML-formatted message that Outlook will default your reply to HTML, so
you need to manually flip it back to "text" mode.

Yahoo! provides a list of "ad servers" here:
http://privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/adservers/details.html

It is a rather long list, however, they say that you can opt out by
visiting each one. It's a start, at least for preserving some degree of
security.

There are cookie-filters, also, which may help: