Re: [RT] Can you carry a banana in your pocket?

From: "Prosper" <brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Real Traders" <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2001 2:00 PM
Subject: [RT] Can you carry a banana in your pocket?

> Silly question, but I and my friend was wondering if the traders are
allowed
> to eat while on the trading floors of the exchanges, or if it is
prohibited?

> Brent,

      Obviiously exchange rules differ, but my experience a few years back
on the CBOT and CBOE were that food and beverages were prohibited on the
trading floor.  However, I did occasionally see phone clerks sneaking a can
of pop or light snacks in the phone booths.

     As for the banana in the pocket, with the paranoia about terrorists
etc. carrying a banana in one's pocket is an invitation for a security
search. It may be an appealing idea for a date, but not on a trading floor.
Put those bananas in your account. So if you get a hunch, you can bet a
bunch.

Cheers,

Norman

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM