Re: [RT] The Psychology Cycle

> I presented a viable hypothesis and some firm anecdotal evidence for
> which you say you have the data to test.

I do and I have. I even posted the link where anyone can get the data.

> Perhaps as a reward for pointing
> to the right path to riches,

Sorry Norman. I tested it long before I ever heard of you. No rewards
from me.

> you won't mind doing little work

Already did.

> and sharing the
> results it with your good friends on RT?

Already did. I said (in at least 2 postings prior to this one) I found
no correlation. Sure it works sometimes. As often, it doesn't. I call
that random coincidence. Of course, I didn't have the luxury of cherry
picking events that agreed with my pet theory. I had to look at all the
data, not just some of it. Call it the curse of having a logical mind.
I really wanted to believe in the sunspot theory. It made intuitive
sense to me and it still does. I was even ignorant and arrogant enough
to think I had invented it. I was crushed when I learned it was old news
and the whole world knows about the theory. :-) Problem is, I just
couldn't find any evidence that it really works.

Since you are so sure it works, I'm surprised you aren't willing to look
at the data yourself. Run a correlation analysis in Excel and present it
to your students as PROOF that you aren't just selling snake oil. Think
of all the money you will make peddling courses. You can explain how
sunspots affect the markets and how the planets affect the solar tides
that cause sunspots. They'll be beating down your door to buy astrology
instruction if you can offer them a little concrete proof for your
claims. Why rely on "anecdotal evidence" when the real evidence is there
for anyone to download? Of course, if the evidence doesn't support your
claims, I can see why you might not want to look at it. It could be bad
for business. :-)

>      It is infuriating to think that you would expect me to do a research
> paper for you for gratis so you can get rich. You sound like one of those
> college professors who work their grad students to the bone in order to
> write a book or do research and then they take all the credit. I ain't your
> slave, especially this week.

Ah, now I see the real effect of sunspots. It makes the gurus cranky
when you offer some scientific facts that don't happen to agree with
their pseudo-scientific theories. :-)

Just-the-facts-ly,
Dennis

Rates are falling -- now is the time to Refinance!
IndyMac Bank guarantees to beat any mortgage by $300 or
they will pay you $300! Get your FREE quote here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Eavf1C/7fYCAA/MPlEAA/zf_UlB/TM