Re: [RT] Buyers/Sellers/Money market

Notwithstanding Ira's true statement that stocks have no intrinsic value
other than what the going price is at any given time, it seems to me that
the simple answer to Don's question is that money flows into the market when
the total amount of $ that is put into the market by the sellers is greater
than the total amount of $ that is put into the market by the buyers .Let's
do an example Person A buys 100M of XYZ stock from Person B. A now has 100M
of XYZ and B has 100M in Cash. So far eveything is equal. However it is
important to note that A wanted the stock and B wanted the Cash. Since B
wanted Cash it is more likely that he will not reinvest the entire 100M back
into the market. He was a seller. He wanted Cash. He may put some of it in
real estate, he may buy precious metals or other commodities.He may give his
daughter a fancy wedding. He may take a fancy vacation. Who knows how much
he will put back into the market. 40M, 50M, 60M, 70M. Let's assume he puts
back 60M. The market has now gained 60M. Obviously,all transactions are
intertwined in a complex matter.This is just a simple transaction. However,
it seems to me that Don's original question of how does $ flow into stock if
for every buyer there is a seller was a good question. Prices would normally
go up on $ inflow and go down on $ outflow simply as a result of
supply/demand.  Dennis is correct in the fact that stock cap. go up or down
based on $ inflow and $ outflow however, it should be noted that the
companies are really not that affected (not counting takeovers, buybacks
etc.) by the change in their stock capitalization.They get their cash in the
initial IPO.Indirectly they are affected if the stocks go down because the
economy follows suit and business slows down and their profits go down.
Dom
.