Re: [RT] Globex2 Stops & PATS System-timing of routes.

Don:

The answer, as you can see from my reply to Earl, is "all of the above."

If an exchange matching engine (a/c/e, Globex2, Eurex) supports a specific
type of stop or stop limit order, then PATS routes to it.  At least for the
exchanges we are connected to so far, a/c/e, Globex2 and I believe Eurex.
Though I am not as well briefed on the Eurex functionality as I rarely trade
it.  I hope to be changing that.

PATS will route Globex2 stops to the OM server, just like Leo web or our
PriceTrade will.  PATS will route Globex2 stop limits directly to Globex2,
just like PriceTrade.  Leo web probably does also, but I am not a user of it
so I don't know all the specifics.

PATS will routes stop orders directly to a/c/e.  PATS will also allow you to
created synthetic stop, stop limits and MIT orders hosted on your local
machine.  So a trader could put in an MIT order on an Tbond, Emini S&P or
emini Nasdaq, but it would be held on their own machine.  I don't have
another system that will do this, so if one of my customers wants this
functionality it is either this or a straight limit order.  But choice is
good.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

Disclosure: Futures trading involves financial risk, lots of it!  John J.
Lothian is the President of the Electronic Trading Division of The Price
Futures Group, Inc., an Introducing Broker.

In a message dated 3/24/01 10:54:30 AM Central Standard Time,