  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: 15. marts 2001 20:43
  Subject: RE: [RT] GEN: Gold &
  Deflation

  don't have access to the charts right now as I'm not in the office, but on
  vacation.Take a loook at the gold price vs the Japanese Yen since thier top in
  1989 and the story is quite telling. Also look at the price of HM in 1929
  vs 1933. If memory serves me right, it went up enough so that if you only had
  1 1/2 %of your assests in HM, and had lost 100% of your securities except HM,
  you would be even with one added bonus' The purchasing power of what you still
  had had gone up dramaticlly.
  <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
  size=2>Robin
  <FONT
  size=2><FONT color=#0000ff
  face=Arial>
  <SPAN
  class=930163719-15032001>
  <SPAN
  class=930163719-15032001> -----Original
  Message-----From: Gitanshu Buch
  [mailto:onwingsofeagles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Thursday, March 15,
  2001 1:19 PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT]
  GEN: Gold & Deflation

    Robin,

    Re your comment below -  would you mind providing
    some historical date ranges for deflation in USA?

    The conventional wisdom is that deflation is good
    for Bonds because of the downward pressure on interest rates from
    the need to reflate one's way out of the spiral, but your statements tell me
    that gold competes as an investment choice, in constant currency terms. I
    would like to verify that.

    Thanks
    Gitanshu

    ><FONT color=#0000ff
    face=Arial>I have been in the business for 26 yrs which I believe qualifies
    me as an oldtimer. I hope I have learned a few things over the years. One
    thing I have learned relates to your question on Gold and can it go up in
    deflation. The answer is YES. Gold does not go up BECAUSE of inflation.
    Gold goes up because of a LACK OF FAITH OR CONFIDENCE in the
    currency. This lack of faith can be expressed by either inflation or
    deflation. In an expansion of the economy the lack of faith is expressed in
    inflation. In a declining economy it is expressed by holding back, savings,
    etc, thus causing deflation. In extreme cases, like at the end of a
    Super Cycle or Grand Super Cycle it can cause Gold to go up even more than
    in inflationary times, because of the concern for the solvency of nations,
    ie Japan today.  We are not at that point yet, but the charts will tell
    us when we reach it.Hope this helps.
    <BLOCKQUOTE
      <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
      size=2>Robin
      <FONT color=#0000ff face=Arial
      size=2>

        <FONT face=Tahoma
        size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Don Ewers
        [mailto:dbewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2001
        11:18 AMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject:
        Re: [RT] Is the end near - Not for GOLDNo I
        missed the links (up late doing Sub-S taxes due March 15th), and
        youare correct gold stocks are a better choice if so
        inclined.Also the parallel to the NASDAQ is humm kind of ok but
        not the same in manyways. Many of us saw the flaw there and have
        been and continue to be incash. My bond partner has been warning me
        about deflation for some time andhas won me over, so I am just not a
        gold fan in this environment. But if itgoes up and you and others do
        well its OK with me.As far as Yardini is concerned, I may be
        wrong but he came out on Friday(CNBC) and said he is now worried
        about deflation vs. inflation his previousfear so . . . I don't
        know. Can gold go up in a deflationary environment? Iguess so if
        there is a financial panic at the same time?Attached are the
        AGET charts, daily is bullish, weekly no clear picture.Good luck on
        your trade.don ewersTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

 First Name Last Name FIND ANYONE Right Now!