Re: [RT] Pitchfork ELA

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "John Clemens" <jbclem@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi Chris:
>
> For one who is not very familiar with the basics of the Andrew
Pitchfork,
> would you mind walking me quickly through the basic setup using the
ELA.
> Such as which points are to be set, and how(using the TS4 pointer,
clicking
> on pivot highs/lows, or using the crosshairs, etc...??).  I just
need a
> starting point.
>
> Thanks,  John

For the benefit of Supercharts users, here is an abbreviated version
of the notes in the ELA code...

Regards,
Chris

USAGE

Use the text tool to label swing high/lows with "A", "B" and "C", then
refresh the indicator (clicking "Status" twice causes the indicator to
recalculate). Be sure to put the label above the bar's high for a
swing
high, and below the low for a swing low.

You can display other groups of points by using labels "Ax", "Bx"
and "Cx",
where 'x' is 1, 2, or 3, e.g. "A3", "B3", "C3".

Note that you can use the pointer tool to move the points anytime.
Then to
view the new Pitchfork, refresh the indicator.

Use Median to add median lines.

.+++++++++++++++++++++++

Notes to Chris Cheatham version dated 2/25/01
Additions:
1.  Made two versions -- one for log scale and one for linear scale.
2.  Added codes for various offsets of the start point (point A):
      Offset  -- "O" added to end of point A offsets point A 50% of
AB distance toward B   (for example, AO or A1O).
      Reverse Offset  -- "R" added to end of point A offsets point A
by AB distance away from B   (for example, AR or A1R).
      Shoulder Pattern  --  "S" added to end of point A moves point A
to the price of point C.   (for example, AS or A1S).
      You don't have to add the codes to point B or point C.
3.  Ability to pick letters to use for marking pivots so as not to
conflict with possible ABC Elliott labels.
     (point1, point2, point3)  You must have the quotes in the input
box or it will not work.  Use CAPITAL letters.
4.  Uses the color of the 1st point text, e.g., "A," to determine the
color or the channels.
     automatically colors "B" and "C" to match "A." So if you want to
change the color of a set of channels,
     just change "A" and refresh indicator.
5.  Added input switch for changing alert characteristics of channels.
6.  Added input switch for changing style characteristics of channels.

Want insight into hot IPOs, investing strategies
and stocks to watch? Red Herring FREE newsletters
provide strategic analysis for investors.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/hNZpxC/oJSCAA/Wy4EAA/zf_UlB/TM