Re: [RT] 1950's No reply

> ***** I would think that type of pre-execution routing would take some
> speed
> away from the execution relative to the number of times it would occur.  I
> am
> guessing that this is not a good tradeoff.

No reason it would need to. The routing could be after the fact. When
globex bounces the order because it's out of limits, route it to the
globex clerk instead of back to the customer. Better yet, send it to the
clerk and send a message to the customer telling him what happened so he
can cancel if that's not what he wants.

I realize all this is easier said than done but, from a customer's point
of view, we would really like it if the broker took care of these things
instead of making us tend to them.

With all the globex problems the last week or so, I'd say this sort of
thing is not so rare. The broker who gets my business is the one who
makes sure my order gets done, no matter what, not the one who offers
the best excuses about why my order didn't get done. Imagine dealing
with a bank and never being sure if deposits would get credited to your
account. "Oh, sorry, the computer was down so your money is gone." :-)

--
  Dennis