Re: [RT] Inflation/Beef

> If MacD's gets it's beef from Brazil? Then I wonder if they use the
> same feed lot method of raising them as I've seen in the mid-plains
> states.

No, in Brazil their suppliers specialize in slash-and-burning
rainforest, exposing soil that is nearly worthless for anything but
growing rainforest.  And which typically erodes (once it's lost the
protective forest flora that held it together) and soon becomes
worthless for ANYthing, so they move on and slash-and-burn another
area.  Meanwhile they destroy scads of species of plants, insects,
animals, birds, etc.

Just another of the ways that McD's ravages the planet.  It's not
enough that they've exported their particularly bland/fatty/salty
version of "'murrican fast food" to the rest of the world,
contributing to the "Americanization of the planet" in the process.
They also generate vast quantities of waste (sometimes I think
there's more trash than food in the typical McD meal, and no, I'm not
talking about the burgers & fries :-), constantly jam the latest
Disney or whatever flick down the throats of millions of young kids,
.... oh, don't get me started.  Wait, you already did.  :-)

> Cattle locked up in pens. Living in their own waste up to their
> knees, for the duration of what ever kind of life they have. Shot
> up with growth hormones and then antibiotics to kill what they've
> been living in.

Don't get me started on that either.  You don't want to know how your
pork or chicken is raised.  Cattle have it easy.

> What fast food chain you eating at tonight?

Think globally.  Eat locally.  :-)
Gary

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details