Re: [RT] Inflation

Don't disagree you your general thrust, however I believe most of Mickey D's
beef comes from Brazil, not sure if they use US fertilizer, may be hope the
Big Mac yet.  :)

On or about 2/16/01 9:03 AM,Earl Adamy at eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx sent the
following message

> Vindication comes in the PPI ... albeit grudgingly if you listen to the
> talking heads on squawk box. One went so far as to say that there is no way
> that higher energy costs are transmitted through the rest of the economy and
> Haines informed us that if you take out food and energy, the PPI is up only
> 0.5%. Perhaps the government will discern some "quality improvements" in
> food and energy so that those increased costs will be adjusted out of the
> inflation numbers. A couple of weeks ago I read an article indicating that
> high natural gas costs has severely curtailed the production of fertilizer
> ... look for the fall harvest of grains (particularly corn which uses 3x the
> fertilizer of beans) to go higher and that Big Mac to cost more (unless of
> course McDonalds's can find quality improvement in the cattle which eat the
> grain for feed). And, yes all those health related stocks are going up
> because of improved pricing power which those of us who pay for our own
> insurance are seeing in much higher premiums.
>
> Earl

http://firstblush.cafeprogressive.com/fb/FirstBlush.html
Kim Hanson

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups