[RT] Gator - AGet and Tradestation

Don,

I have to thank you: I use A-Get for years and read Williams books,
but it never came to my mind that it was indeed so easy to plot the
Gator 3-lines on Get. I will do immediately !!
On the other hand, I am desperately trying to build a complete
Williams 5-dimensions system in Easy Language. I think I have now the
7 signals OK, with excellent theoretical results, but the problem
lies in putting them together in one system: then the % are dropping
dramatically...

If some EL experts could help, I would be happy to forward him with
my separated "chaos" signals to see what he could do.

Carl Vanhaesendonck

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Don Ewers" <dbewers@xxxx> wrote:
> John, all that are interested in the Gator, I piece together the re-
posts
> (thanks all) in  I believe the correct order and attached the
original gif.
> Hope it helps someone make some $$.
> Enough said.
> don ewers

There is
> more to it using a 5/34 oscillator to determine where you are in
the big
> picture, additional entry (and exit points), but I will leave that
to the
> people who read the book.
>
> Attached is an example of 60min bonds, which shows three buys and
one sell
> (that failed using stops along a gator line).
>
> The author's claim that you can look at any chart and in seconds
know
> whether to buy, sell or do nothing in seconds, as I have stated has
been a
> great visual tool for me.
>
> The comment, "don't feed the gator" is one where you find your
position
> opposite and the gator is FEEDING ON YOU.
> don ewers
>

> To: "Real Traders" <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
> From: "Don Ewers" <dbewers@xxxx>
> Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 15:34:34 -0500
> Subject: [RT] Gator
>
> To finish off the gator, a sell signal today at 100-17, as well as a
> DiNapoli Double Repo sell signal (good book by the way) at 100-20
(not
> shown), would have put traders short. Also a negative DMI  cross
today in
> the 1020 hour also yet another caution at least short term.
>
> I am not sure of the 1-2-3 count down (shown on the Advanced GET
chart) so
> ignore at the moment, it could also be an ABC with a "hammer"
bottom in
> place.
>
> Anyway a trading opportunity and something to watch if you were
tempted to
> go long in those areas. Can they fail, of course they can, that's
where
> money management comes in, and a failure also tells you
something . .
> (notice
> what followed the sell signal).
>
> And always, always, remember "don't feed the gator" unless you
enjoy being
> gator meat.
> don ewers

Dream
> software he sells, that where this all started. I simply replied I
have
> found parts to be useful.
>
> Regarding a yawn, it is a "fractal", which he uses. It is basically
a pivot,
> which he defines as a high or a low surrounded by two bars on each
side that
> are higher or lower than the pivot. There are various patterns
which are
> well defined in the book (like when the pivot high or low has
several bars
> at the same high and low), but just stick with the basic
definition. Now, a
> yawn is a fractal that occurs when the displaced moving averages
cross and
> ideally inter-twine. It can be inside the mouth  (between the lips
(green)
> and the jaw (blue)) or ideally outside it. The key is when a
horizontal line
> is drawn from it the subsequent intersection happens outside the
mouth. That
> is your buy/sell point, one tic above/below that depending on the
direction.
> I drew a red arrow on the last gif showing the sell today. By the
way the
> teeth are red, appropriately.
>
> I mis-spoke on my earlier post regarding the sell in the middle of
the chart
> by the way, there is a sell fractal but notice it was never
subsequently
> taken out, so no short would have been initiated. A total of five
yawns,
> four were triggered and four were profitable, not bad.
> don ewers

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/152424/_/981980697/