[RT] WindowsME & datafeeds

RT's,

I just wanted to relay my experience of "upgrading" my operating system from
Windows 98 SE to Windows ME.

I daytrade the SPoo's.  I use MyTrack datafeed with InvestorRT software and
run squawkbox (www.realtimefutures.com provider).

I checked with InvestorRT support before the switchover and they said
they've only had one problem reported.

What I found with Windows ME is that my datafeed had frequent
interuptions(once every 3 to 5 minutes).  My price data would stop
spontaneously and the restart usually within one or two minutes (unaceptable
while daytrading).   My squawkbox voice feed developed a case of
interuptions like the SprintPCS commercial with every couple words missing.

I talked to the people at squawkbox and they reported similar problems.
They beleived that ME wrote data to the hard drive differently than 98 and
that was causing the problems.

Last night I uninstalled ME and went back to 98.  No data problems at all
today.  Everything is back to normal and I'm a very happy guy.

ME was $50.  I don't know how much Microsoft make off of that but if they
charged for the uninstall software they could really boost earnings!

Good trading,
Howard