From:   MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx [SMTP:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 23, 2001 6:22 AM
To:     realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject:        [RT] conservative?

Ben,

here is a possible scenario: come Feb 15, suppose ITWO shares trade at 52
which is about the price you bought them. Suppose further that volatility
has gone up by 10%. This is certainly a possibility for this stock - has
happened almost every month during the past year. Then the Feb puts you are
long from 9 1/2 might be at 2 1/2, and the May calls you are short from 13
might be at 14. Result: a loss of about $ 8,000 on your investment of $
50,000. This is what volatility plus time decay can do to an option
position!

In my years of trading options I have been there, done that, quite a few
times, more often than I care to remember. But I learned, and have now moved
on to more sophisticated mistakes. <g>

Ben, I don't want to spoil the fun for you, and I agree that this strategy
is great in situations where you have high volatilities that you expect to
collapse. But it does have its pros and cons, and produces income only if
used at the appropriate time.

Regards,

Michael Suesserott