Re: CYcles/JM Hurst Cycle course

I am sure there are is lots of cycle knowledge in the group. How about
some feedback on actual trading using cycles.

Here are a few kickstarters.

You might want to look at this site. Our very own Marik Jurik.

http://www.jurikres.com/faq/faq_cfb.htm#dominant

"The big, obvious cycles you do see on price charts are actually the
result of a combination of many weak cyclic forces that sometimes line
up in phase to produce APPARENT dominant cycles that suggest the
presence of a dominant, slow cyclic force that, in fact, does not
exist".

On the other hand I know people who use cycles. One of them uses Hurst's
stuff. I have the book - did not know of a course.

Some say that fixed len cycles are not the way to go. Hurst is fixed
len. Robert Miner and others say dynamic - his book has all of that
stuff.

Hurst stuff is time consuming to work out for lots of futures/stocks. I
have not come across an automated version yet. Especially so because you
have to backtest any method in pseudo realtime cos cycles change
according to Hurst. This means that over a long period of time you would
have to do the Hurst work at the end of each trading week for example.

Try

http://www.walterbressert.com/Pages/FeaturedServices/featuredservices_frame.html

Money radio option on the left. He posts weekly updates covering
monthly, weekly and daily cycles for various markets.

Cycletrader software - now a different group to Walter Bressert.

http://www.bressertgroup.com/home.htm

CycleTRADER 5.0 is coming soon and will offer: New Automatic Cycle
Timing Bands