Off Topic - Corporate Bond Market Info Request

By profession, I'm a consultant specializing in the design and development
of Oracle databases for Fortune 500 companies.  I have an opportunity for a
contract consulting gig at a major bank doing the design/development of a
"loan system" that monitors the bond market to ensure that large loans are
made at rates that are profitable.  This is all I know about the "system" at
this point.

I've made it through the information technology/oracle-related interviews
and I'm familiar enough with the bond futures market to make my way through
the interview with the trading organization in general.  I'm not clear
though about the details of how financial institution lending practices are
related to the bond market.

Anyone know of a few book titles that I could look at to bone up?

Steven Buss
sbuss@xxxxxxxxxxx