Re: OPTIONS ADVISOR

<< Ben,

 I can see how adding to a long-term
 portfolio with a strategy like this would
 be reasonable.

 Uh. but in this case, how come you aren't just
 writing options against your underlying? Why
 the additional hedge?

 Also, I would have to argue that what you are now
 referring to is *investing*, not trading. In this
 vein, again, would it not be more profitable to
 use your long term equity in stocks as collateral
 against more profitable and safer additions to
 your investment plan? Hmmmm, by chance, your
 broker isn't the one who suggested this strategy
 is he? <g>

 (Shrugging Shoulders) To each his own. Say, I just happened to
 think of a book you might enjoy reading, since the strategies
 are similar to some of your philosophies:

 "Winning in the Options Market" By Allan S. Lyons.

 This book is specifically for stock options traders. It is
 superbly written and has many strategies of interest to
 anyone who trades options.

 Warm Regards,
 Walt >>
hi

i gues one can always learn from others.
joining this group alows  me to give and RECIEVE  good idea
even at 50 one can learn new treaks
as for the hedging.
if i only sell calls  ,they might take my stock away
if the stock goes up, at least buying back the short call is ofset by 2
positions (long call and short put)
in addition. the premium collected  (on avrage )is   400*12=4800
4800/3500  is over  100%per year
the comm is  aprox  20 per
(use fidelity)on line
warm regards