Galactic Daily FX Update

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#000000 size=2>DENVER, CO, USA - GALACTIC
DAILY FX UPDATE - 10/23/98</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>
<HR>
</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT><FONT color=#000000 size=2>SUMMARY</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>The dollar opened slightly higher this morning against the
mark and yen in a<BR>fairly quiet market with no major US news scheduled to be
released today.<BR>After seven days of gains, the Dow is slightly lower this
morning mainly a<BR>result of profit-taking, currently down 70 points, and the
30-year Treasury<BR>is down seven, yielding 5.15 percent.<BR>EUROPE<BR>In the
UK, third quarter GDP was released at a better than expected 2.5%,<BR>down from
3.0% in the second quarter.&nbsp; Although the number shows overall<BR>slower
growth, it is equal to the county's long-term growth level and<BR>confirms that
Britain's economy remains robust despite the markets belief<BR>that the country
was falling into a recession and delaying the timing of<BR>potential interest
rate cuts.&nbsp; The expectation of a half-point cut in<BR>November now looks
more like a 25 basis point cut.&nbsp; Germany also had some<BR>positive economic
releases this morning with three states reporting lower<BR>consumer prices, a
third consecutive decline, and annual inflation at an<BR>average of .7
percent.&nbsp; These positive numbers demonstrate that inflation is<BR>not an
issue for Germany at this time and several monetary officials at
the<BR>Bundesbank have said better price data could warrant a lowering of
interest<BR>rates.&nbsp; However, Bundesbank President Tietmeyer and European
Central Bank<BR>President Duisenberg have rejected using rate cuts to manage the
economy<BR>amidst the financial crisis and believe that after the beginning of
the<BR>year, rates will converge at current German and French levels
across<BR>Euroland.<BR>ASIA<BR>The Japanese yen weakened overnight as Moody's
placed four more banks on<BR>watch for a possible downgrade - Bank of
Tokyo-Mitsubishi, Industrial Bank<BR>of Japan, Sanwa Bank and Sumitomo
Bank.&nbsp; On the bright side, however, the<BR>long awaited nationalization of
Long Term Credit Bank occurred today, which<BR>bodes well for the market,
demonstrating that Japan is taking their market<BR>reforms seriously.&nbsp; Next
week's CPI and wage reports are weighing on the<BR>Australian dollar this
morning as well with expectations of muted inflation<BR>and potential for rate
cuts.<BR><BR>Have a great weekend!<BR></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2><BR>***The views expressed in this correspondence are those of
the Galactic FX International, Inc. Our information is based upon diverse
sources that we believe to be reliable, though the information is not
guaranteed.&nbsp; Our views and forecasts are<BR>subject to change without
notice.&nbsp; Galactic FX International, Inc. may maintain long or short
positions in, and buy and sell, the securities and currencies mentioned in this
correspondence.</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Fri Oct 23 13:11:07 1998