From: mitch ryder <ynos@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, October 23, 1998 9:47 AM
Subject: Re: Genesis Data getting worse

Ok so tom may sound like a raging nut who has it out for Genesis.
If you ran a data service would you have a computer program that lists any
stock that moves more than 10% on low volume?...of course you would.

Here is a chart of Dupont-a Dow stock... the error has been there for 2
months.

owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On a simple examination if you look at volume (applying a 5 period expMA)

> on NYSE then this is divergent to the price rise we saw in the Dow from

> Oct8 to today just as it was in the rally from sep1 to sep24.   Volume was

> convergent with the moves down over the last 8/10 weeks or so.

> regards

> Philip

> ----------

> > From: Tom Stein <comfut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > Subject: Re: MKT Rally on light volume

> > Date: 23 October 1998 14:30

> > Earl wrote "One of the more puzzling aspects of the rally from the Oct

> low

> > has been the relatively light volume on the futures whether one measures

> by

> > contract volume or net tick volume (net intraday up/dn ticks)"

> > I would have expected the volume in the futures markets to be greatly

> > reduced.  We just had the largest point move in the shortest period of

> time

> > during pit-session trading that I have witnessed in 16 years of trading,

> > INCLUDING the 1987 crash.  Remember, this type of move does not happen
on

> > the downside due to 25 point limits.  Consider:

> > 1)Last Thurs. 50.00 move in 5 minutes increased the risk of S&P futures

> > trading dramatically.

> > 2)Floor traders are reducing their own scalping lots

> > 3)Off-floor day-traders are reducing their size as well

> > 4)Many firms are requiring higher than 50% margin for day-trading the

> > S&P...some have gone to full margin.

> > 5)The battlefield is littered with bodies after the Fed came in with a

> > cannon that blew up

> > many of the troops.  Many were injured badly.  The healing process will

> take

> > time.

> > The Fed reserve in it's own peculiar way has increased the risk in

> > derivatives rather than decreased the risk.  Without liquidity, these

> > markets will die a slow death.  Good or bad????

> > Tom Stein

> > comfut@xxxxxxx

Mitch Ryder
Ynos@xxxxxxxxxxxx