Re: Anyone using Microstar Indigo trading software?

I would be interested to hear why John would not share his opinion on a product, no matter what his views were.  What's with the tease?
Anyway, I will share my experience.

My company bought the entire package--Indigo, Galaxy III, Top Step Bonds, Top Step Index, etc...  It was my job to verify their results (don't
ask why I wasn't asked to do this BEFORE they purchased the program!).  I only evaluated Indigo, their stock trading program.  My conclusion
is:  It is not valid research.

As a matter of fact, they didn't even do the research.  Apparently, they hired someone to come in and develop the models for a fee.  A one-time
shot.  Try getting any answers regarding how the models were tested, and you will be stonewalled.  They have no research department---their
technical support is strictly for teaching you how to use the software.  I visited them at their Sarasota office numerous times in a quest to
find out more about their advertised results and testing methods.  One problem is that they make use of a system called MIRAT, that has been
changed so many times (read: optimized), that it must be rendered useless.  Another problem is that many of their switching models switch
between stocks that just happen to be some of the best performers over the past 10 years, such as CPQ, DELL, INTC, MSFT---with selections like
those, you couldn't miss!!!  But it is not valid going forward.  Even one of their software developers admitted that most of the advertised
results are optimized.

Don't take my advice, though.  Do your own research.  Call them up at (800) 315-5635.  Ask lots of questions like, "How were these models
developed?", "Are these models optimized?", "Are there brokerage account statements showing the performance of the various systems in
real-time?", "What is your return policy if I am not satisfied?"  Someone posted an excellent list of such questions a month or two ago--refer
to that list.  Good luck.

Regards,

Bill Bancroft