Re: MKT - The MOON (and SUN) influence on market behavior.

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: MKT - The MOON (and SUN) influence on market behavior.
  • From: "Darrin Vernier" <gphx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:25:43 -0400 (EDT)

Tom,

     The point I see here is the exploration of the idea that the
Gregorian calendar month beginning/end is the "coincidence", the
incorrect, or simply incomplete paradigm. You bring up a good caution,
but that very paradigm is the one we are exploring the possibility of
escaping. One might say that the lunar cycle results look good only
because the interval approximates the 28 day cycle of option expiry.
Would that invalidate it, or only reinforce it and make it all the more
useful? Are all three cycles, lunar, solar, and expiry valid, and in
need of consideration? What I am saying is that the validity of one does
not disprove the other, and we cannot simultaneously make a step forward
and hold our ground.

                                               Darrin