Re: Long Term Capital

>From AP:

LTCM had about $2.2 billion in capital from its investors, but it borrowed
money from financial institutions to buy securities worth more than $90
billion. Fund managers then used those securities as collateral to make
speculative bets representing $1.25 trillion.

That is using notional funds.

Regards,

John J. Lothian

In a message dated 10/1/98 2:44:07 PM Central Daylight Time, ariel@xxxxxxxx