Re:dmi and adx

Here's another observation as ADX reaches >30 it seems to signal that we are
nearing the end of a trend, I fade ADX over 35. especially on 3 or 5 minute
charts.

Subject: dmi and adx
Author: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date:  10/1/98 8:23 AM

back to trading...enough of that other stuff...

last week i enlisted the input of rters about dmi and adx...i was saying how i
found it to be reliable to watch for a bull or bear signal in dmi accompanied
by a simultaneous switch in ADX trend direction..

in other words if ADX is already rising (indicating a trend) prior to DMI
switching from bear to bull or vice versa..this is a powerful suggestion of a
significant price move....

currencies and energies at the start of Sept..late August gave off these
signals..

i have looked at futures markets going back to 1994 and cited numerous
examples of this...and very few times where the market reversed or went
sideways...it usually did perform as i indicated above...

just for monitoring sake...on tuesday Cotton and Copper did this....October
contracts...lets see what happens..both were bear signals...lets see what
happens..

any comments..?

rick