Re: FUTR GEN: Interesting Short-term situation in SP500

Hi Earl,

I don't give out the Fear Index algorithm. However, similar
algorithms can be designed using ratios of historical long-term
versus short-term volatility, or Low readings of ADX compared
to other ADX readings. As an example, you could look for the
lowest 14 day ADX reading in a 20 day period....etc. Or if
you wanted to tap into basic market cycles, you could use
the lowest 10 period ADX reading in a 20 day period. Like:

{TS Code for Paint Bar study}
Input: STLen(10),PerAdd(20);

If ADX(STLen) = Lowest(ADX(STLen),PerAdd) then Begin

	Plot1(H,"");
	Plot2(L,"");
End;

Using tools like these can produce results fairly similar to
the Fear Index. From that point, it is just a matter of analyzing
statistical scenarios of what happened after your values were
reached.

Walt