MKT: sentiment

                LOWRISK.COM

         INVESTOR SENTIMENT SURVEY

                 9 / 27 / 98

Below are the results of our weekly "Guess the Dow" sentiment survey. The
survey was taken from 9/21 through 9/27 on our web site.

Number of participants: 382

30 day outlook:

37% bullish,  22% last week
53% bearish,  59% last week
11% neutral,  19% last week

(percentages may not sum to 100 due to rounding)

Median guess for the DJIA closing value on Friday, 10/2: 7989 (it was 7778
last week). More complete sentiment data is available at
<http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm> .

Sentiment remains very bearish, but the bearishness declined for the second
consecutive week.  Bearish sentiment dropped from 59% to 53%. Bullish
sentiment rose from 22% to 37%. The sentiment numbers this week do not
really give us much clue for the week ahead. The DJIA was up slightly last
week, so we would expect the extreme bearishness to moderate a bit (which
it did).

To try this week's contest, stop by: http://www.lowrisk.com/guess.htm
More sentiment data is at: http://www.lowrisk.com/sentiment.htm

best regards,