Re: Trading GEN: The Art of the (K)Fill

Richard et al,

Regarding trending markets bonds look pretty good right now. The CRB has
come down to long term resistance and bounced. This leaves us in a bit of a
dilemma as to how well the commodities will trend for a while. Almost all
of the commodities are in a congestion phase if you haven't noticed.

The ADX isn't bad and some of my indicators are based on the ADX. There are
problems with the ADX, it responds slowly with a recommended length of 14,
and IMHO it tends to favor up trends over down trends. Using it straight
out to compare the trendiness of different markets is not too good IMHO.

Brent

----------
> From: colgar@xxxxxxxxx
> To: brente@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: Trading GEN: The Art of the (K)Fill
> Date: Sunday, September 27, 1998 1:49 PM
>

> BrentinUtahsDixie wrote:
>
> > Number one in my opinion when deciding what to trade is what kind of
trader
> > are you, and how do you want to trade. Examples: Smaller accounts
probably
> > don't want to trade spoo’s, currencies(except Canadian $), etc. If you
are
> > a trend follower you want to trade markets that trend well. I once
tried to
> > get some discussion about which markets trend the best but there wasn't
> > much interest. I have developed indicators that can be used to compare
the
> > degree of trendiness of various markets. For Example corn trend’s well
most
> > of the time but all markets can change in this regard.
>
> Can you give other examples of trending markets and how you qualify them?
 Many
> favor ADX or DMI combinations, what say you?
>
> > I have found that I do much better in some markets then I do in others.
> > Cocoa has never been kind to me and I just don't look at it any more.
So I