Re: GEN - Commodex claim to be "most consistently profitable daily futures trading system"

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: GEN - Commodex claim to be "most consistently profitable daily futures trading system"
  • From: "Tom Stein" <comfut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 1998 11:14:21 -0400 (EDT)

Just to add another comment to Conrad's.........

Note: The results also take into account the purchase of both the near
term month and the next one out(sometimes the after that,too), so to
be realistic.......you may have as many as 3 contracts on to duplicate
their results.........now take 3 contracts and multiply it by the
number of potential markets that you might be in at any one
time........you could possibly wind up with close to 100 contracts
on.........

1)Consider: the account size needed to just have enough margin for all
of these positions

2)Consider: the account size needed to withstand the drawdown

3)Consider: that Commodex (as far as I know) does not manage
funds...where most CTA's share a 20% or so portion of the profits(why
is that?)........

4)Consider:Commodex does not give you their track record in a standard
CTA description of a model account....describing maximum drawdowns,
recovery periods....etc.....(as far as I know)

The above points are something to consider and question with any
system vendor.....

Would you have any realistic chance of duplicating the results???????

I am not saying these programs don't have any value....I am just
pointing out that before
one gets too excited about their results...one should consider whether
they can be duplicated by you.  Remember, we would all be more
successful IF we never missed the biggest moves of the year...........

Tom Stein
comfut@xxxxxxx