Re: Let's begin a discussion group on the Y2K report -- what the big boys think

  • To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: Let's begin a discussion group on the Y2K report -- what the big boys think
  • From: Sdonelow@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Sep 1998 01:32:46 -0400 (EDT)

Bill,
I dont think that you are being alarmist at all.  What I have in mind is
something where we get our money up front.  Shorting, selling calls, selling
contracts, like that.  Then if the market is gone, so what?  I do think that
there is going to be a severe loss of confidence in all of our institutions,
financial, corporate, government.  For several reasons.  First, people are
going to know that the 'leaders' of all of these institutions have known about
the Y2K problem for 30 years and chose to do nothing about it, until it was
too late.  Second, they are going to know that these same 'leaders' had no
plan B.  I think we may be looking at a paradigm shift in how our leaders are
chosen, and what form of representation we have in government.
Steve Donelow
President
Object Works, Inc.

"Business process reengineering should be fun......for a good time call Object
Works  507-289-3762".