RE: Whipsaw filter TS

I have a similar experience.
I have optimised ADX at lots of levels in conjunction with MA and
stochastics, but I never find the rising ADX to outperform the ADX at a
particular level (ie ignoring whether up or down).   I know that there are
several far more experienced traders who say to use the rising ADX.   I am
using 3-minute futures data, so maybe there is a difference there.    I
found that MA and ADX together got rid of a lot of bad trades.   I used
MA's about 42-56 bars and ADX 14-22 bars.   I also set a time zone so that
the system would not trade until the ADX for the day settled down.

Peter