Re: FUT:ORDERS

In a message dated 98-09-08 20:47:21 EDT, oldfogey@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<<  I believe that you would do yourself a
 world of benefit to yourself and to your trading by taking a few days off,
going
 to Chicago, standing next to your broker on the floor while he takes orders
all
 day, and watching what happens, particularly in the midst on constant
 pandemonium.  I learned more than I ever thought that I would by doing so,
and I
 am very very sorry that it took me almost 20 years after I first began
trading
 (1979) before I went to Chicago and saw for myself what really goes on.  It
 changed my whole perpective on trading.

 I hope that my comments have been of some help.  I wish you the best with
your
 trading.

 Sincerely,

 Richard

Dear Richard:

I am truly appreciative of your input.  You answered my questions very well. I
appreciate your candor and would in no way presume you to be and asshole.  It
would seem that one way to avoid some of the mess would be to have the
contingency orders in the market well ahead of the contingency price, whenever
possible.  I agree that a visit to Chicago is a great idea, and I have no
doubt that I will eventualy visit the exchange.

Any one else have any valuable tidbits as a result of visiting the floor, or
from having worked there?  All sharing is valuble and appreciated.

Sincerely,

Pompatis