Re: OPTIONS: CBOE website

-----Original Message-----
From: Steve Walker <Steve@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tuesday, September 08, 1998 2:56 PM
Subject: OPTIONS: CBOE website

>It has been sometime since I bot or sold OEX options and I have found that
my symbols chart is outdated.  I was given a general address for the CBOE
but was unable to locate the info.  Can anyone out there give me a specific
address  where I can get the symbols for the OEX options by month and strike
price.  Thanks.

        Hi Steve,

        It's www.cboe.com   Also try Dreyfus at www.tradepbs.com   They have
a good option chain generator.  It's free before and after market hours.
What may be confusing you is the symbols have changed to allow for today's
greater volatility.  Use OEZ for strikes from 300 to 395 (let's hope NOT),
use OEX for strikes from 400 to 495 and OEW for 500 to 595.  The letters for
the month (puts & calls) and the last two digits are the same as always. So
a 490 Sept. call would be OEXIR.  The put would be OEXUR.  A 510 Sept. call
is OEWIB, the put OEWUB, and so on.

                                        Good luck and good trading,
                                                    Ray Raffurty