Re: Quote.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Colin Johnston <colinjhn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sunday, September 06, 1998 2:24 PM
Subject: Quote.com

>Gang -- the people at Trading Techniques, developer of Advanced GET,
>indicate that "quote.com" is an acceptable data source for Advanced GET
>RealTime.  Are there quote.com users in RT, and what's your take on the
>service?

        Hi Colin,

        My experience with quote.com and several similar Internet quote
services is that it is OK for checking prices or watching minuet by minuet
moves.  When it comes to any type of charting it is a different story.  If
you loose your Internet connection even for a few minuets your charts become
useless.  Also, I seem to recall a lot of bad ticks in the data.  In spite
of their claim that bad or missing data was "easy" to correct, I found this
to be not true, and the time required could be critical to your trade.
Until they develop a way for the software to back check and self correct
date this will continue to be a problem.

                                        Good luck and good trading,
                                                    Ray Raffurty