<BR><B><FONT SIZE=+3>efihecht@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</FONT></B>
<BR><FONT SIZE=+4></FONT>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;</HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Sun Aug 30 13:44:35 1998
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 1998 21:02:35 -0700
Sender: owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "dbtg" <dbtg@xxxxxxx>
To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Last bounce, 50 minutes left, Sell, Sell, Sell

I agree with your basic point re:volatility's huge influence on option
price.
But, the VIX closed higher today! Seems like the closing option prices on
Thursday reflected the fact that the SP futures closed at a substantial
discount to the cash. I was taught to look at the SP futures as the major
determinant on OEX premiums, except near expiration.
Other than that, I know not why.... maybe option buyers
decided the premiums were too high & they organized
themselves into a union and called a strike (intended).
Nevertheless, this type of option pricing suggests a
change in attitude, which might just be an indication of
an end to the downside, at least temporarily. I put more
importance to the above than the 'oversold' indicators.
Just as the market soared a few thousand points while
being in a perpetual state of 'overbought', it can do the
reverse in a few weeks or months of oversold condition.