TECHNICAL VS. FUNDAMENTAL ANALYSIS

Dear Rt's
 I have been watching the Spoo now realtime for about 1 1/2 years now.
 I have traded without success in the past and I am working on my
 personal psychology and have been watching price action and chart
 patterns regularly for the last 6 months now.I have been using Keltner
channels for s/r and was recently e-mailed some indicators from another
R/T that I have not incorporated yet. I like to watch the Dow along with
the current spoo contract and the McClellan and the A/D ratio of the
NYSE.Anyway, I saw that the Russian news had sent the Globex plummeting
and Europe was off pretty good and we opened gap down pretty good. Then
I noticed right away that the Spoo and the Dow(INDU) were not mimicking
each other as they usually do from the get go at the opening of
daytrading. The DOW was down 130 points in 15 min. and the spoo was
still farting around the opening range. Yet the A/D was incredible right
away to the down side(267 A and 1958 D 15 min. after open).It just
seemed to me this incredible short was staring me in the face. This
opening situation seemed so unusual to what I have seen that I knew
something was brewing. I did not trade this.Paper only. I am not
ready.(Although I did stay up all nite thinking about what I saw and
surmized.) I'm just wondering if other R/T's saw this strangeness and
fundamental shorting opportunity in the beginning of the day too? Sorry
for long post.  Regards,    Harry