Re: The Devils tool?

Steve,
      Sorry, I don't use any software to direct my trading. My analyis is from
looking at charts. My targets are similar to yours. I have been trading this
way for a long time.

What I find interesting is that you are using this pitchfork thing. From the
chat on this site a few weeks ago it appears to be something that most people
do not talk about...could it be because it can be considered the devils
tool?....

Or is it because it is something that acutally works (if you know the rules
and where to draw it from) and the few that do know how to use it are not
spilling their guts? From the posts that I have seen, many are not even
willing to do the work of reading old magazines.

I have called around and have found out that it is tradition (Since Andrews)
to sell a course on it for a price equal to 1/2 of a year of college tution.

I also found out that the book written by Hammond which has a chapter on it
and the article by Dr. Star is misleading at best. I have asked around and the
people that know the techniques.....and how to use them profitably, all agree
to that. There are two sources that are "certified Andrews foundation members"
and one of these is Tom French in South Miami. He is in the phone book.

I have been told that the folks at traders press are considering writing
something about the methods. The Andrews foundation members have told me that
the traders press folks have had no certified training in the methods that
they know of. They suggest that anyone wanting something of value for little
money that is any good should read about 4 relevant issues of Stocks and
Commodities magazine.

Tom French on the other hand wrote an article that makes sense. He sat down
with Andrews to learn how to use it. The other source of the Andrews material
is well known. I have been told he is the best but, I like others do not like
to spend much time or money on education.

Did you take the certified course or did you learn about how to use the fork
on your own?

Do you know of any sources beyond those that I have mentioned?

Regards
Mitch

owner-realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Mitch -

> What does advanced get say these days. I would be looking for an

> EVENTUAL, LONG TERM move to Dow 6500, meaning low-800s on S&P cash.

> Bonds at least to 127/128 sep basis though expect some consolidation at

> start of week due to end of options expiry related gains.

> At this second, sp looks as if it might take small bounce off pitchfork

> mid-line. Low for day might be in... Look to sell again near 1070.

> Steve Poser

Mitch Ryder
Ynos@xxxxxxxxxxxx