Re:Earl/rt. Trading E mini short term position trades

hmmm, regarding only one years tesing, now  some think recent price action
is more important than  price action going way back, 2,5,10 years, so that
said, if you have a system ,whatever the time scale, is it not best to
optimize whatever inputs etc.on a regular continuation basis  to reflect
the more recent history.. (and dare i say, act on the new inputs should
they change.) J.S.D.
.does anybody do this, with success?