Re: Displaced Moving Averages

The moving average is moved forward (displaced/offset) to the future
by x number of days.  For example, if it is displaced by 5 days,
your chart will show the moving average plotted for Friday, August 14.
based on last Friday's close. (August 7)  Of course we are counting
market days here in this example.

Charles.

> From: MORIMOTO, Kozo (FinAssets) <Kozo.MORIMOTO@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: RE: Displaced Moving Averages
> Date: Sunday, August 09, 1998 8:48 PM
>
> Which ways are the MAs displaced - horizontally (eg use last week's MA
for
> today's bar), vertically (eg push the MA up/down the chart by 5 ticks)
,both