Re: 4% System Update - A BETTER Filter

RT,

I have the original 4% system applied to the NYFE and have added a $  1500
money management stop. It has lost $1500 twice during this correction, but
is up over $22,000 since 12/26/97. Check it out.

Steve

----------
> From: S McGuire <netvest@xxxxxxxxx>
> To: RealTraders Discussion Group <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: Re: 4% System Update -  A BETTER Filter
> Date: Friday, August 07, 1998 8:18 AM
>
> I found that most losses have happened when there are more than 1 signal
within 15 days. If you add a filter that pervents new signals within 15
days of a prior signal, you will see the
> loses drop dramatically.
>

> GREHERT@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > The 4% System that I've talked about before has suffered a 1% and a 7%
loss in
> > this current correction.
> >
> > This can be compared to the bear market of 1990 when the system had
losses of
> > 7%, 6%, 6% and 4%.  For the entire year 1990 the system had a slight
profit.

> > Including the recent losses, the system  has 75% profitable trades,
with an
> > average
> > profit of 8.00 S&P points per trade, and a Profit factor of 3.05.
> >
> > The 4% system is a terrific example of how a very simple set of rules
with
> > minimal parameters can be profitable trading the S&P.  I'll keep you
posted.

> > For further analysis of the system including the SuperCharts code,
download
> > the attached file.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Jerry Rehert  (grehert@xxxxxxx)
> > Check out my WebPage (UPDATED 8/2/98):  http://members.aol.com/grehert/
> > August 6th, 1998 @ 06:29 pm
> > Atlanta,GA

> > <HTML><PRE>The 4% system BUYS the Close when the S&P first corrects 4%
and then closes up one day; it sells if (a) it rises 4%, or (b) it drops
4%, or (c) it crosses below a parabolic.